6 excuses men give to avoid sex
By: Sam Mr - September 24, 2018
While it has been widely believed that men can never say “NO” to sex and that women are always more than ready to give you one, a latest research has proved this misconception wrong. Sort of.
According to a survey done by Durex, men also come up with different excuses when not in the “mood” and, “watching football” topped that list.
Here’s a look at the survey:
- 40% of men would turn down sex to watch football
- 27% of men have thought about soccer during sex
- 42% will try to ‘get it over with quickly’ in order to watch a game
- 70% agree that faking it on the soccer pitch ruins the game
- 1 in 3 believe it’s worse to ‘fake it’ on the pitch than in the bedroom
The research, which was commissioned by Durex, aimed at showing how lovers fake things in relationships.
The campaign, dubbed #DontFakeIt, also listed ‘I have a bad back’, ‘I’m too tired’, ‘I have a headache’ and ‘I’ve been working late’ as the top five excuses men give.
“Considering that 82% of South Africans believe that sex is beneficial to their health and wellbeing, we encourage couples to turn back the attention on building intimacy and a satisfying sex life once the game is over,” says Bevan Lewis, Category Manager, Durex.
Here are the top ten excuses according to the survey:
- I want to watch soccer
- I have a bad back
- I’m too tired
- I have a headache
- I’ve been working late
- I have work to do
- I’m too drunk
- Can we do it later?
- I don’t feel well
- I have an early start in the morning