5 FACTS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
Written by Essy on March 13, 2020
People of Asian descent, including Chinese Americans, are not more likely to get the virus than any other person. Help stop fear by letting people know that being of Asian descent does not increase the chance of getting or spreading coronavirus.
People who have been in close contact with a person known to have coronavirus or people who live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread are at an increased risk of exposure.
Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
Symptoms of the Virus are:
- Shortness of breath Seek medical advice if you develop symptoms or have been in close contact with a person known to have the virus or if you live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19
How to protect yourself from the Virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.