Written by on November 15, 2021

At least 50,000 people gathered for the third annual event at the site of the former Houston Six Flags park. Eight people have been reported dead on that Friday night and scores more were injured after a “crowd surge” on the first night of rapper Travis Scott’s two-day Astroworld festival in Houston.

The show was sold-out but it was so unfortunate that it turned out to have been deadly when guests began pushing towards the front of the stage, crushing some and leaving many unable to breathe!

Sources informed TMZ that Travis is utterly devastated over what transpired on Friday. He confirms that he wasn’t aware of the extent of what was happening around him; for example, people going into cardiac arrest, and folks who’d simply passed out from dehydration.

Travis did, in fact, stop the show a few times to check on people who appeared to be unconscious or in distress, alerting security and other personnel over to them for assistance. But,sources say he simply didn’t realize how bad it actually was!

A certain video has gone viral showing a young woman and man climbing up a ladder to the camera platform, screaming for help!

“There’s someone dead in there! There is someone dead!” the woman shouts. The operator seems to ignore them, alternating between shooing them away and focusing on his camera.

Greg Abbott, the governor of Texas, has issued a statement on the accident: 

“What happened at the Astroworld Festival last night was tragic, and our hearts are with those who lost their lives and those who were injured in the terrifying crowd surge.

“Thank you to the first responders and good Samaritans who were on site and immediately tended to those who were injured in the crowd. The State of Texas is ready to assist in the response, and I have directed the Texas Department of Public Safety to make state resources available to support the investigation.

“I ask Texans to join [First Lady] Cecilia and me in lifting up in prayer those affected by this tragedy.

Houston mayor Sylvester Turner gave a press conference. He said one of the people who died was a teenager of just 14 years old.

Of the other seven people who perished, Mr Turner said one was 16 years old, two were 21, one was 23, one was 27, and one’s age remains unknown.

He said 25 were taken to hospital, of which five were under the age of 18, and 13 are still recovering there. Nobody has been reported missing.

Continue reading

Current track