HOW TO EXERCISE WHILE PREGNANT.
Written by Ann Munyasya on December 23, 2020
Did you just find out you’re pregnant, or you are on your second trimester or even third and you are just wondering if it’s possible for you to exercise? Well did you even know you can do workouts while pregnant? No? Yes? Well if you didn’t I am here to tell you all about it.
In our daily lives exercising is one way to keep your body healthy and shape in check. Running, swimming, sporty games or even long walks are ways in which you can exercise, it doesn’t really have to be heavy lifting for it to be a productive workout.
Make sure before you follow that online trainer for your pregnancy, you visit your doctor to really reassure you before the training. While on your first trimester running is very advisable since your belly is not huge at all.
Exercising while pregnant can lead to lower chances of;
- Preterm birth.
- Caesarean birth.
- Excessive weight gain.
- Gestational diabetes or hypersensitive disorders.
- Lower birth weight.
While pregnant it’s safe to;
- Avoid hot yoga or contact sport where there’s pushing or pulling.
- Avoid lying flat on your back for too long especially on your third trimester.
- Drink plenty of water before and after workouts.
- Get clearance from your doctor if you’re fit to start exercising.
With the few I have shared it’s my hope that you’ll put it into practice, as you wait to welcome your bundle of joy.