WHITENING YOUR TEETH.
Written by Ann Munyasya on February 16, 2021
One of the most important things on our structural face is our teeth. Having to maintain your teeth might seem like a walk in the park, but on the contrary, it’s not as easy as you think. We eat a lot of things which could discolor and/or stain the teeth.
Did you know that your teeth help give your face a better structure? Taking care of them doesn’t have to be a big hustle.
Here are some of the things that could discolor your teeth;
In coffee you’ll find tannins which leave your teeth discolored if consumed often.
Like tea or coffee, red wine has tannins too and after taking a red wine, you’ll notice the red stains on your teeth.
Soda has acidic nature to it, and can cause your teeth to become more susceptible to staining.
A cigarette contains nicotine and tar both can lead to yellow and brown stains or even lead to other health problems like lung cancer.
How to avoid having stained teeth;
· Drink water regularly to wash the staining out of your mouth.
· Brush your teeth within thirty minutes of eating.
· Regular flossing to remove food particles left in your mouth.
· Talk to your dentist about professionally whitening your teeth.
· Eat vegetables and fruits as they help in ‘scrubbing’ off the stain while chewing.
· Choose to drink water over having beverages anytime.
You have a few things which could help you avoid staining your teeth and also what you can do to whiten your teeth. You also have the option of visiting your dentist to professionally whiten your teeth.
Don’t forget white and clean teeth make a great smile!