HOW TO WASH YOUR HANDS
Written by Essy on March 17, 2020
The first step to good hygiene is to always wash your hands. Your hands are the most essential part of your body that can cause or spread diseases.
As the world is fighting coronavirus, the best way to keep yourself from being infected and infecting others is to keep your hands clean.
We all learnt to always wash our hands before eating and after using the bathroom, but now due to the spread of coronavirus we have to keep our hands clean throughout the day. This is because you may touch door knobs, elevator button, surfaces, someone’s phone then unconsciously touch your face.
The best way is to wash your hands with soap and water. This is the 100% routine that has worked over centuries. You should however use hand sanitizer if you’re out and about or are unable to get to the sink.
Now, do not wash your hands in a rush because you will still have harmful germs in your hands.
- Wet your hands with water
- Lather soap on your hands
- Begin scrubbing your hands
- Clean between your fingers and under your nails
- Clean the back of your hands
- After 20 seconds rinse off with soap
- Grab one paper towel and use it to close the tap and the other to dry your hands.
- Do not the hand dryer, it might spread the germs floating in the restroom to your hands
Use one of the paper towels to grab the door knob and dispose them in the trash.
Keep clean and safe.